Re: warning: we will soon have much noise in the test results...

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Abel Deuring
<abel.deuring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The branch lp:~adeuring/launchpad/security-guarded-test-object-factory-1
> is at present in ec2 and will land soon.
>
> Its main change affects LaunchpadObjectFactory: This class has at
> present ca 20 makeWhatever() methods which return objects without a
> security proxy. If this happens, LaunchpadObjectFactory will now print a
> warning.

I've got a branch up that tweaks this a little to actually emit
warnings, rather than printing straight to stderr:
  https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~jml/launchpad/warnings-for-unproxied/+merge/30891

> As a simple fix/workaround, I added a function
> remove_security_proxy_and_shout_at_engineer(obj) which just returns
> removeSecurityProxy(obj) but it also prints a warning to stderr.

The text of the warning isn't particularly clear to me. If I start
seeing this warning when running my tests, what should I do about it?

Thanks,
jml