Re: State of launchpad-code (not short)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:34:29 +0100
Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Tim Penhey <tim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  - I paired with jml at the epic to work on the lp: short name for
> > private trunk branches.  This is still work in progress and will
> > most likely land in a number of progressively useful branches.
> >  This will work by making
> > bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/project actually work and
> > refer to a branch.
>
> The branch is here,
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~jml/launchpad/private-branch-lookup-bug-261609,
> and has been handed off.

> >  - Branch upgrades are now working (mostly).  We have some
> > undiagnosed failures, and a serious lack of feedback during the
> > upgrade process (bugs 523565 and 586467)
> >

> Can we please get a couple of Javascript widgets for handling jobs?
> Once we're doing something with a job, it ought to be a very simple
> matter to tweak the UI to give progress (or at least a throbber) and
> then display the results when done.

I talked with Robert about this at the Epic/Platform Rally.  I think
the upgrade job would be a good guinea pig for the upcoming Rabbit
work.  As it stands now, we could be log tail it, but it still wouldn't
be very useful.

> > Code imports
> >  - on the whole the import system is running very smoothly
> >  - the majority of failing git imports now are due to lack of
> > submodule support
> >  - new Subversion imports have been using bzr-svn for some time,
> > and it is doing a great job
> >

> Can we change code imports to not need reviews?

+1.  If users get it wrong, they can always escalate it to someone who
can sort it out.

> >  - TODO: a better branch chooser, some multi-option AJAX popup is
> > planned, but awaiting lazr-js work
>
> Also TODO: UI for changing branch target.

The branch target thing kinda falls in with the multi-option AJAX popup.

Cheers,
Paul