Re: State of launchpad-code (not short)

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Tim Penhey <tim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  - I paired with jml at the epic to work on the lp: short name for private
> trunk branches.  This is still work in progress and will most likely land in a
> number of progressively useful branches.  This will work by making
> bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/project actually work and refer to a
> branch.

The branch is here,
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~jml/launchpad/private-branch-lookup-bug-261609,
and has been handed off.

>  - Branch upgrades are now working (mostly).  We have some undiagnosed
> failures, and a serious lack of feedback during the upgrade process (bugs
> 523565 and 586467)

Can we please get a couple of Javascript widgets for handling jobs?
Once we're doing something with a job, it ought to be a very simple
matter to tweak the UI to give progress (or at least a throbber) and
then display the results when done.

> Code imports
>  - on the whole the import system is running very smoothly
>  - the majority of failing git imports now are due to lack of submodule
> support
>  - new Subversion imports have been using bzr-svn for some time, and it is
> doing a great job

Can we change code imports to not need reviews?

>  - TODO: a better branch chooser, some multi-option AJAX popup is planned, but
> awaiting lazr-js work

Also TODO: UI for changing branch target.

> No doubt I've missed some bits.  If I have missed anything you think I should
> comment on, please let me know.

Thanks for sending this out. It's great to see everything that the
Code team is up to.

jml