Re: warning: we will soon have much noise in the test results...

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Paul Hummer <paul.hummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just got my first FAILURE ec2 emails and I have to say that these
> warnings make it impossible to find the failing tests, and make the
> body of the email impossibly long. In my mind, that should be the only
> thing that shows in the body of the email, and you can put whatever
> other junk in the attachment. All I care about are the failing tests.

I have a patch that greatly reduces the number of warnings and groups
them all together at the end of the test run. It was rejected for
silly Python compatibility reasons, but I hope to have it land later
today. Perhaps this will be sufficient.

Also, I have a work-in-progress branch that I've handed off to Maris
that trims down the contents of the email.

As a workaround for your current problems, if you load the attachment
into testrepository (or use a subunit filter or whatever), it's really
easy to get just the failing tests. (Either "gzip -dc thing.gz |
subunit --no-passthrough --no-skip | subunit-ls", or "testr init; gzip
-dc thing.gz | testr load; testr failing")

jml