Re: Location of the registration slot

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 17:12 -0600, Paul Hummer wrote:
> If you want my opinion, I think the registration section would be
> better if it was out of the crowded (and valuable) top area entirely.
> At the very least, in most "code" cases I think it's just noise
> anyway.

I think it is noise once most of the time because most of the time users
do not need to know about the authorship/publication information--the
information you skipped when you started reading the novel.

I do look at bugs as ask who reported it and when, and then I do not
need to know it.  When does a user ask who registered this or when was
this reported/created? When reading the title, or some piece of
substantial information in the content? Does he need to scroll to locate
this? Moving the information far from the context's name will require us
to add the context to all the registration uses in the templates.

Is it possible to have a symbol that  we can place near the context's
name in the head that users will know to click to expose the
registration information. Is clicking or scrolling too much of a burden.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/