Re: warning: we will soon have much noise in the test results...

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 10:14:03 -0400, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's still nagging us to fix something we haven't agreed needs fixing,
> though.  Personally, I think we probably should use proxified objects in
> tests, but I don't think nagging is the right way to go about it.

Agreed. Certainly if we don't want to do this we shouldn't nag, and the
current output isn't helpful either way.

However, assuming that we want proxied object in tests...

> My solution is here:
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~abentley/launchpad/no-proxy-warnings/+merge/31781

> Those who want the warnings can have them, and everyone else doesn't
> have to put up with them.

this is a fine stopgap solution if we have people using the environment
variable. jml's solution is better once we have fixed all known cases
though, as it doesn't require you to have an environment variable set to
know that you are adding a new problem.

Thanks,

James