Re: Best way to fix canonical_url

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:08:30 Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree with Salgado, I don't think removing that checks is the right
> solution.
>
> And I don't really think there is a problem either. create_view and
> create_initialized_view have a layer parameter. Why don't you use that
> parametere?

It isn't just in unit tests, but in page tests too.

the TALES expression branch/fmt:link/+edit

gets converted to:
  canonical_url(branch, view_name="+edit")

And we do use that type of TALES expression all over the place.

If that is on a bug page, then the current request implements the BugLayer.
With my new restrictive change, the +edit view isn't defined for the BugLayer,
so it blows up.

This is the guts of the problem, not the unit tests.

Tim