Re: Best way to fix canonical_url

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 07:25 +1200, Tim Penhey wrote:
> It isn't just in unit tests, but in page tests too.
>
> the TALES expression branch/fmt:link/+edit
>
> gets converted to:
>   canonical_url(branch, view_name="+edit")
>
> And we do use that type of TALES expression all over the place.

I think you can pass the vhost (not layer) to the tales formatter. This
branch/fmt:link:code/+edit

Menu links do not honour this rule. The menu made the link using the
__launchpad_facet__ on the view, even if you are using a facet menu that
implies the links are on the facet's host and should use its layer.

From the doc test:

The link can make the URL go to a specific app.

    >>> login(ANONYMOUS,
    ...     LaunchpadTestRequest(SERVER_URL='http://code.launchpad.net'))

    >>> print test_tales("pillar/fmt:link:translations", pillar=ubuntu)
    <a ...http://translations.launchpad.dev/ubuntu...

    >>> print test_tales("person/fmt:url:feeds", person=mark)
    http://feeds.launchpad.dev/~mark

    >>> print test_tales("bug/fmt:url:mainsite", bug=bug)
    http://launchpad.dev/bugs/1

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/