Re: Implementation plan for derived distros UI

On Friday 20 August 2010 11:40:07 Michael Nelson wrote:
> b) We could also just use source package releases here (like the
> package diff table), but the source package publishing history enables
> us to encode a bit more info (like archive). (@Julian: after thinking
> more about this, I'm not sure why spph is helpful? How we'd use the
> extra information, or how is it related to a difference between two
> different versions which should be independent of which archive
> they're published in?).

I can't think of many concrete things at the moment, it just feels like the
right thing to do.  In particular, if we expose this new object over the API,
it will be more useful to have the publishing records because SPR is not an
API object.

It's also slightly future proof in that we might want to show component,
pocket etc on that page at some point.