Re: Lighter tests with FakeLibrarian

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 17:18:35 Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
> == So does it?  Work, I mean? ==
>
> It does for me.  I tried converting one test case and got roughly a 20%
> speedup, both for setup and for running the tests.  That's compared to a
> real Librarian and memcached that are already running before the test
> starts.

Hi Jeroen

I tried it on the Soyuz uploader tests, which make very heavy use of the
librarian.  The picture is not rosy :(

The biggest problem is:

    def create(self, name, size, file, contentType, expires=None,
               debugID=None, restricted=False):
        "See `ILibraryFileAliasSet`."""
        return self.addFile(
            name, size, file, contentType, expires=expires, debugID=debugID)

but:

    def addFile(self, name, size, file, contentType, expires=None):

i.e. there's no "debugID".  I removed that from the call and got further, but
I saw loads of exceptions (unfortunately the stack trace is hidden because of
up the uploader works) but it was complaining that:

'int' object has no attribute 'filename'

which I guess is caused by the code in getURLForAlias().

I'd be happy to work with you this week to fix this up!

Cheers