Re: result sets and iteration... unsafe idioms - seeking thoughts on how we can avoid them

On Friday 27 August 2010 04:01:05 Robert Collins wrote:
> if anyone has any ideas, please jump up and make some noise

I have one idea but it's probably not the kind of idea you were looking for :)

I think we need to spend much, much more time thinking about performance in
pre-implementation conversations, reviews and QA.  I can't remember the last
time anyone asked me in a review about performance - we really need to change
this culture.