Re: Full deployments?

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm interested in running a production instance of Launchpad locally,
> so that we could use it under our own domain name and branding.  Has
> anyone done this, and can you offer any tips on what I might need to
> do?

I have not done it yet.

> So far I was able to get a development copy built and running, but
> discovered that it lacks the ability to register new users, as
> launchpad.net delegates that to the closed-source SSO provider.  I'm
> not sure what other sorts of missing components like that I might run
> across, or settings that should be different.

The closed source provider was thrown in the trash and replaced with a
much better AGPL version. If you notice the footer of login.ubuntu.com
and login.launchpad.net you will see they both mention being AGPL and
have links to the source code, which is here:
https://launchpad.net/canonical-identity-provider/

I don't think there are any missing components. Have fun, let us know
how it goes!
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/