Re: Updating the Maverick and running Launchpad

On Sep 16, 2010, at 11:46 , Curtis Hovey wrote:

> Hello rocket scientists.
>
> Launchpad Engineers should be updating their systems to Maverick.
> Launchpad contributors may choose to do this now too. The following is
> some information that may be helpful to complete the upgrade.
>
> […]
>
> ==========================
> Launchpad and Postgres 8.4
>

>        I ran the script, but there were errors. I manually started PG
>        then
>                sudo -u postgres dropuser $(id -un)
>                sudo -u postgres createuser -s -d $(id -un)
>        Make schema worked fine. See
>            https://dev.launchpad.net/DatabaseSetup
>        for the details of what the script is supposed to do.

The script utilities/launchpad-database-setup is broken by Maverick due to the way the PG startup script changed.
Old:  /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.X start
New: /etc/init.d/postgresql start 8.X

The PG version discovery in the script was based on the version number in the init script.

I have a patch that I hope to land tomorrow.

--Brad