Re: How to QA your code for continuous rollouts

On 24 September 2010 12:50, Maris Fogels <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This mail is a quick guide to landing your code using the new QA flags and
> process. You need to follow this process to keep our new system of continuous
> rollouts flowing.

Thanks!

> As a developer you have the following responsibilities:

How does this work for people who aren't full time (or 'serious')
Launchpad developers?  I am in that category and I hope we can
increase its population.  These people, I assert:

 * have enough to do to just lp running, getting their bug fixed, and
a test written
 * may have only a limited timeslice to work on lp; may just go away
when it expires
 * are going to be very strongly encouraged to do more changes in
future by seeing their work promptly rolled out

What I think would be approximately fair and efficient, and coherent
with bzr's piloting, is:

 * a core developer will sponsor the changes and do this tracking,
explaining what they're doing
 * they'll ask the contributor to do qa when the change is on staging
 * they'll bounce it back to the contributor if it fails qa
 * if the contributor times out, the core dev will finish the change,
or revert it, or whatever

One specific question: what does it mean if a bug is associated with
an mp but has no qa-* tag?

--
Martin