Re: RFI: translations of website applications

So there are two sets of data;
 - the app itself
 - user content in the app

Right now, LP Answers encourages i18n content, but the app itself
isn't translated.

Facebook seems to deal with this by:
 - allowing the app to be translated
 - punting on translation of user content

We also have two distinct groups of user content - contral content
like project descriptions, FAQs and user home pages which are:
 - persistent
 - mostly static
 - widely seen

and edge content like bug reports and bug comments which:
 - are ephemeral (once closed a bug is largely irrelevant)
 - change a lot (bug descriptions can be edited quite a lot)

Personally I'd welcome translation of Launchpad's UI itself and I
think answers is a great place to start. I think that we could, for
instance, ask for 'please write the bug report in english' on bug
pages and so forth, to mitigate the 'we may get lots of non english
reports'. Translating user content, like project descriptions would be
awesome too.

Thanks for entertaining my questions.

-Rob