Re: performance tuesday... tests

On 2010-09-29 06:02, Robert Collins wrote:

Everyone else may know this already, but layers are a pretty poor
interface, at least the way they are used in LP's test suite.

Yay for revisiting our layers setup!

If I may add a pet peeve of my own: the email stub. LaunchpadScriptLayer (and no lighter layer, for no other reason that I can see than the layers system) does this:

    provideUtility(TestMailBox(), IMailBox)

...after which email gets captured in a global variable. I'd love to see that become a fixture or resource that I can use in more fine-grained tests without setting up a full LaunchpadLayer.

Jeroen