Re: performance tuesday... tests

Hi Robert,

On September 28, 2010, Robert Collins wrote:
> Several ways, firstly layers, by supporting setup-only fixtures add
> about 30-40 seconds per test run for every layer that we have that
> can't be torn down. Secondly, because layers are so fragile, our test
> fixtures do redundant work on setup - they have code to shutdown
> failed-to-shutdown instances that can spin for up to 5 seconds (by
> default).

Unless I'm mistaken the only layer that can't be currently torn down is the
FunctionalLayer that loads the ZCML. And I remember Gary telling me that
recent zope libraries (that we are using) now support unloading the zope
component registry. So in theory, we could make all our layers support tear
down.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx