_schema_circular_imports.py - please explain

So, I am trying to land this branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~henninge/launchpad/devel-remove-c-l-i/+merge/37116

One change is this:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/503337/

Running ec2 test gives me this error:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/503335/

Clearly, there is a circular import happening. I think this is because
something is missing that _schema_circular_imports.py does which is called at
the end of c.l.interfaces.__init__.py. Can anyone confirm this and explain
what is happening?

What should happen to the content of _schema_circular_import.py? When I grep
for it in lp.* I see lots of comments of the type "fixed in _s_c_i.py" but it
seems that c.l.i.__init__.py is the only place where it is called. If that
file goes away (well, is not included from anywhere), _s_c_i.py won't get
processed either. That seems wrong.

Does anybody have a clue what is to be done here?

Henning

Follow ups