Re: stories for external test helpers (librarian, memcache, etc)

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/04/2010 04:51 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> Benji & I did some profiling of this at the last Epic. Sadly, most of
>> the details escape me. IIRC, the parsing & the work itself both take a
>> fair chunk of time. The real problem is just how much of it we have.
>
> Another way of phrasing it is "the real problem is just how much of it
> we do".  I imagine that for scripts, there's a lot of config work that
> is irrelevant to the script's function.  Maybe we should be looking at
> just-in-time configuration?

Indeed.

This is largely due to the way we structure and use zcml. Its a
globals problem: to use 3 DB tables (LibraryFileContent,
LibraryFileAlias and TimeLimitedToken), we still parse all 200 db
classes, interface classes, and zcml security and adaption rules.

Static system definitions seem inexorably drawn to this failure mode though :(.

-Rob