Re: buildbod & production branches

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So we've had -another- case of buildbot crashing and burning due to
> ec2 passing stuff that the hardy (prod_lp slave) builder falls over
> on.
>
> This time its blocking about 50 bugfixes and oops fixes.
>
> My understanding is this:
>  - we're waiting for wildcherry to be upgraded to lucid which gets us python 2.6
>  - then we can upgrade the slave to lucid and all this epic pain goes away.
>
> Stuart, its way past my EOD, so 'tag', you're it: can you coordinate
> whatever is needed to get us really onto 2.6, and then hand off to
> foundations, I presume to Maris to organise a migration of the prod_lp
> slave onto lucid?

We couldn't do wildcherry today since people didn't want the 5 min
read-only mode without warning. chokecherry is being done now, and
will take another day to build. We might be able to kick off
Wildcherry tomorrow my evening or Wednesday. Wildcherry is the last
server to migrate (and the trickiest as it is the master db).

> This is blocking *all further deployments* : they are being forced
> into cowboys, and I've +1'd a cowboy for bigjools of 9779 from
> prod-devel, but we'll tangle ourselves up insanely if we don't rectify
> this asap.
>
> -Rob

https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~stub/launchpad/production/+merge/37482
has a fix for some (all?) of the errors.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/