Re: bug expiry announcements

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Deryck,
>
> Thanks for this write-up. A few thoughts:
>
> * I think we should apologize on the blog.

Ok.  Shall I combine the apology with the blog post announcing bug
expiry on the blog?  A sort of "sorry for all that email, here's what
it means" kind of post?

> * Can you create a PolicyandProcess/MassEmail wiki page containing the best
> practice here based on your experience and Robert's suggestions.

Sure.

> * A long time ago, Barry wrote massmail which was used to send our initial
> beta announcement. It doesn't support all the use cases you talk about, but
> does a few thing right. Unfortunately, unless you would have asked one of the
> few who used that (barry, mark, me, ...) you couldn't have guessed of its
> existence. It's not even on Launchpad (it's on devpad). The version I used is
> available on devpad:~flacoste/massmail But I guess, someone else might have a
> more up to date version.

Ah, yes, I think that might have helped a bit here.  At least it would
have got me thinking about a recipients list rather than a project
list.

Cheers,
deryck

--