Re: Going all the way or the proper way to create work for others

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2- If going all the way is really too much, the next best thing is to notify
> as soon as you find out that it's too much the relevant people (and the
> launchpad-dev list) of the upcoming change and additional work that are
> coming. Being notified once the code is landed is really, really, really too
> late.

Another thing you can do here is think about Rusty's scale of
interface simplicity:
   http://sourcefrog.net/weblog/software/aesthetics/interface-levels.html

If you make a change to an API or the way things are done, think about
how easy it is to get it right and how hard it is to get it wrong.
"Don't make me think" applies as much to code as it does to web UIs.

jml