Re: Going all the way or the proper way to create work for others

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For illustration purpose only, two recent examples of rippled changes that
> should happen differently next time:
>
> - New way to handle OOPS in cron scripts
> - Refactoring of the build record history

Similarly, for my/our own learning, I'd be keen to know other ways we
could have improved this process for the build refactoring. We tried
to involve everyone in the refactor design (both canonical and
community), got agreement before implementing and updated the soyuz
component to the new model without affecting other areas.

FWIW, I had planned to go all the way and also update code and
translations to the new models also, but was not able to (having to
move onto other soyuz priorities). As soon as I was aware of this I
tried to make sure code/translations were aware of what would need to
be done when they had time (sitting with both Aaron and Jeroen in
Prague to work through examples). I'm sure communication wasn't
perfect (and never will be), but I'd be keen to know how we could have
improved our communication of the changes.

Thanks!
Michael