Re: Stop the line: Test failures in *stable*

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 03:44:07PM +0100, Graham Binns wrote:
> On 7 October 2010 15:37, Jon Sackett <jonathan.sackett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 7 October 2010 15:24, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > After doing a full run of tests against stable, I can also confirm
> > some more failures:

> > lib/lp/registry/stories/person/xx-person-subscriptions.txt
> >
> > That one is odd; I've seen those same failures on ec2, and not had them
> > running locally (even if I run the whole testsuite). A few days ago this was
> > failing with opposite expected/received values, and we patched it for that.
> > //j.c.sackett
>
> Wait, hang on... looking at my code and running that test locally I
> get the opposite results (i.e. as it is in stable it doesn't fail;
> changing it to fix the apparent failure in stable according to BB it
> fails. Double-yew tea eff, etc.

The query that generates the page that is being tested is sorted by
"-date_last_updated" which is likely causing the issue.  I'll work on
rewriting the test not to use sample data and in the interim someone
could just use '...' for the bug target display name in that test.

--
Brian Murray