Re: Stop the line: Test failures in *stable*

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Maris Fogels
>> <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Here is the merge proposal that fixes all of the errors seen:
>>>
>>>  https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mars/launchpad/fix-ec2test-utf-in-devel/+merge/37799
>>>
>>> I've sent it off to PQM, but I /really/ have to go now, and can't see this
>>> branch through.  If someone could shepherd it, it would be much appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks. There were a couple of glitches, but StevenK is landing a patch now.
>>
>> However:
>>  a) we still need to confirm that stable's tests are all passing. I'm
>> running a full test run on ec2 now.
>>  b) ditto for db-stable, but I can't seem to get ec2 test working
>> because of http://paste.ubuntu.com/507903/ (paramiko error)
>>  c) we still need to figure out how this happened in the first place
>
> After doing a full run of tests against stable, I can also confirm
> some more failures:
>
> lp.codehosting.puller.tests.test_worker.TestWorkerProgressReporting.test_network
> (leaking errors)
> lib/lp/registry/stories/person/xx-person-subscriptions.txt
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/508043/ has the errors in detail.

I think there is code relying on database ordering rather than
requesting explicit ordering.

For instance with the first failure, the user is subscribe to a bug
with two bugtasks (Firefox the product and Firefox the ubuntu
package), and +subscriptions is displaying one of them at random.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/