Re: Going all the way or the proper way to create work for others

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/08/2010 10:33 AM, Michael Nelson wrote:
>> The only implication, aiui, was that they wouldn't benefit from
>> seeing their new build types in the builder histories until their
>> relevant part of the refactoring was done.
>
> Right, and we didn't consider that optional, so we had to follow what
> you'd done.

Sure - not optional, but I wouldn't think it was being "*forced* to
scramble and update their part because that was required to fix some
breakage". Other types of builds had never been part of the builder
histories/ppa histories before - it was new functionality.

But that's helpful for me to know it was perceived that way. Sorry for
any pain inflicted.

Cheers,
Michael