Re: performance tuesday - time for a spike on testing

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 11 October 2010 20:23:42 Robert Collins wrote:
>> I thought I'd vary my regular Tuesday pattern this week, and see how
>> far I can get working directly towards a no-shared-fixtures facility
>> for testing (with parallelism built in).
>>
>> I know of the following issues affecting this:
>>  - All the 'XTestSetup' objects that start external processes
>>  - The test database name
>>  - the test oops directory
>>
>> Are there any other things I've missed?
>
> The librarian.  Unless you have that as part of the "external processes" ?

external processes - librarian, memcached, buildd-master, codehosting,
codebrowsing, rabbit

> Having said that, we ought to be able to fix tests so that they can share a
> single librarian where they won't work right now.

Well, for this we want the reverse: we want multiple librarians
because they'll be talking to multiple separate test databases.

That said, to reduce librarian churn during tests, just help fix
layers to be teardownable. Upstream zope.app.testing.functional now
has a teardown method on FunctionalTestSetup, so it is (hopefully) a
small matter of code.

-Rob