Re: qa-needstesting and qa-bad status

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Edwin Grubbs
> <edwin.grubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Bug 427263 (Impossible to edit bug descriptions with Konqueror) is
>> currently tagged qa-bad. Does this need to be added to
>> https://dev.launchpad.net/CurrentRolloutBlockers ?
>
> https://devpad.canonical.com/~lpqateam/qa_reports/deployment-stable.html
> and
> https://devpad.canonical.com/~lpqateam/qa_reports/deployment-db-stable.html
>
> are both authoritative for deployments these days; we can't deploy
> anything at the moment - we're stalled on QA.

I think these two reports may have exposed a serious problem with
handling QA with the qa-needstesting tag. When we had a bunch of bugs
with qa-needstesting, it didn't surprise me that the above reports
showed that deployment is blocked on untested bugs. However, we now
only have one bug with qa-needstesting, and the reports for both
stable and db-stable show revisions that have no qa tags at all. Since
the reports only show the oldest revision that hasn't been QA'ed, I
have no idea if this is just a couple of unusual bugs, or if there are
a bunch that we have missed.

-Edwin