Re: Does anyone use 'start_librarian'?

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 09:10 +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Tom Haddon <tom.haddon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > We're planning to make initscripts available in a similar way, but want
> > to do so in a way that makes more things available than just initscripts
> > (such as apache configs, etc.) while removing any "sensitive"
> > information. Unfortunately this is a bigger project that we haven't had
> > time to do yet.
>
> Is this a case of Perfect being the enemy of Good? It would be nice to
> get any insight even if its not comprehensive.

It is, but it's not easy to do it "good" either unfortunately. We don't
have any central place that we track which initscripts are which and a
system for grabbing them all, so we'd need to define that, along with
any exlusions/replacements for sensitive things in any case, so any way
you look at it, it's a fairly involved project. I'd rather not cobble
together something that ends up taking way more maintenance time and
takes us away from actually doing it right.

Thanks, Tom