Re: Experiment proposal: Optional Reviews

On 10/18/2010 09:53 PM, Robert Collins wrote:

> Process Overview
> Some reviews are not needed and eligible developers can choose to have
> branches land without formal review.
>
> Process Description

> Production problems which are tracked to unreviewed landings will also
> be input into assessing the experiment.

Since it looks like we will be going ahead with the experiment, do we need to
flesh out this point about investigating production problems?   Besides the
random review audits, it represents the only empirical evidence by which we can
judge that the experiment is causing problems.

It sounds like this point requires a new small process to look at production
problems (which ones?), trace their origin, say if it was an unreviewed change
that was the cause.  This requires discipline.

Do we want a quantitative measure of how long it takes to land code before and
during this experiment?  The difference from MP creation to PQM submission
should show a drop.  And we don't have to measure anything if we all feel a
change is "the right thing to do".

--
Māris Fogels -- https://launchpad.net/~mars
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting