Re: Deployments: Please read

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, we're now advanced enough with qastaging that its time to take the
> next step with ReleaseFeaturesWhenTheyAreDone.
>
> Note that this can be rolled back easily if there are problems.
>
> What has changed?
>  - Edge no longer deploys daily.
>  - Edge now deploys when a deployment is requested on the Launchpad
> Production Status wikipage (staff only)
>  - https://qastaging.launchpad.net/ is open for qa purposes. This
> upgrades every 30 minutes from devpad. Code should be live here in < 1
> hour from pqm completion.

 - cherrypicks are now for ZOMG only issues, because we have a routine
deployment process for stable. Note that doing a cherrypick will *halt
the entire deployment queue*. (This is the CP vs branch thing Tom and
I have been debating in the other thread).

-Rob