Re: Experiment proposal: Optional Reviews

On October 22, 2010, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Friday 22 October 2010 04:02:41 Robert Collins wrote:
> > I do like the idea of catching problems early, but let's do that
> > explicitly: I will review *all* unreviewed landings (other than ones I
> > do) in the two weeks, and if I land anything unreviewied, someone else
> > - say jml - can review those.
> >
> >  - javascript reviews
> >
> >   - sure, let's leave them out of scope
>
> Can anyone remember why we abandoned [r=trivial] ?

We abandoned trivial because developers (and some non-regular developer) were
landing non-trivial change using that tag. Sometime to get by the deadline.

It was felt at the time that if a branch was trivial, getting a review for it
shouldn't take long. So we made it a requirements that all branches are
reviewed.

Like I said elsewhere, a lot of things changed since that time. And now the
criteria isn't that it's trivial, but getting a review for the branch wouldn't
bring value in respect to the costs.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx