Re: Problems with FeatureFlags and test isolation

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looking into this a bit with Deryck, i suspect part of the problem is
> that the feature flag code is pretty careful to only read from the
> database just once per featurecontroller lifetime (ie per web request)
> and updates into the database are not causing it to flush its cache.
> If that's correct it should be easy to fix.  It's odd that it depends
> on unisolated behaviour between tests though.

I've handed this work back to gmb, since he's available for the work
and I have a all my stuff post-UDS to attend to.  FWIW, I found that
using the context manger for feature flags, rather than the fixture
Graham got from Maris, was less prone to this issue.  One test passed,
but another seemed to have the same issue.  So better, but not fixed
completely.

Cheers,
deryck

--