Re: lp namespace on pypi.python.org

* Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-11-02 16:09 +1300]:
> What do you mean by 'lp namespace'? If you mean the python code is
> lp.SOMETHING, then I would rather you don't do that

Yes, I meant lp.SOMETHING and the reason was that I would like the
project to be perceived as "a launchpad thing" rather than "a thing
for launchpad". This is why I have used the lp namespace consistently
with the rest of the Launchpad project, followed naming conventions,
respected coding guidelines, etc.

> - we don't have a
> good story for working with packages like that, and it would be much
> easier if your package was lpSOMETHING instead - for now.

There is no rush to publish my project on pypi.python.org, so I would
like to help build a good story. For example, I have a recurring dream
of extracting the Librarian from Launchpad as a standalone project. Would
having two projects under the lp namespace help build this story?

--
Marc Tardif <marc.tardif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Freenode: cr3, Jabber: cr3@xxxxxxxxxx