Re: Request for input - move Launchpad log files from root directory to a logs subdir

>> - easier management of the files,
>> - a more robust .bzrignore entry (no need to enumerate all possible log
>> files, just a single "log" entry will do),
>> - allows IDE's to be easily configured to ignore log files, saving lots
>> of CPU and parsing overhead.
>> - more accurate project wide greps if log files can be easily excluded,
>> which they can be if they're all in the one sub directory
>
> I guess this is a benefit, but if you haven't learned to love 'bzr
> grep' yet, you're missing out.

bzr grep is indeed very useful - I am learning to love it for sure. For
other times, when working inside an IDE, one often wants to use the
IDE's in-built search facilities. Configuring bzr grep as an external
tool in my IDE is not an option at the moment.