Re: Page and Windmill Test Experiment

Hi, Tim.

Thanks for weighing in.

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Tim Penhey <tim.penhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 07:18:32 Gary Poster wrote:
> The page tests often test workflows, which are getting more out of date with
> the addition of more ajax stuff, but I think it still has some, but limited,
> use.

But this is my whole point exactly....  your own words: you *think*
they have *some* use.

We don't know the value of these tests or how much usefulness they
provide.  We don't know the amount of coverage we actually get from
them.  We have half or better of a four+ hour test run for these tests
and we have no way to assess the value of this cost.  We have
developers avoiding page tests and windmill at all costs and no clear
story of even why we use them or what we expect from them.  It seems
to me a short and controlled experiment is an easy way to get some
data on these questions.

Cheers,
deryck

--