Re: Launchpad Privacy (issue 9): Person picker is not trustworth

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It was discovered during UI testing at UDS-N for "managing disclosure"
> that owner/drivers who work with private data do not trust the person
> picker. When assigning a user to a bug or a project, the owner/driver
> needs to to assured he is selecting to the correct person. The
> owner/driver often takes extra steps to verify the Launchpad Id or team
> membership of the user in the picker.
>
> I reported and tagged these bugs:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.tag=person-picker
>
> In summary, the person picker shows a display name that cannot be
> trusted, hidden email addresses, nicks, and Launchpad Ids are not shown.
> The owner/driver needs to investigate the listed user to verify two
> pieces of information, often Launchpad Id and team participation.
>
> One user suggested that the picker have a second field to enter the team
> the user is a member of.
>
> All owner/drivers would like the picker to provide a short list of
> recent or preferred users.

Would a rollover work here, on mouse over pulling team information
etc. via ajax and displaying relevant details?

(This isn't just a privacy issue - I suspect many of us have spammed
people by assigning the wrong person to something)

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/