Re: RFD: Should Launchpad lie to its users?

On 29 October 2010 12:47, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think a fixed policy is useful.  Privacy can mean either
>  a) existence is hidden
>  b) contents are hidden
>
> I've seen a combination of these used in different places and it makes sense
> to decide which one you need at the time it's being implemented.

I don't think a single fixed policy will do either.  I think having a
set of policies and principles about when they are used could be good,
for the sake of consistency across the application and for the sake of
user understandability.  It can be hard to reason about who does or
does not have access to something at the moment.

--
Martin