Re: Windmill help... failures on lp:launchpad/devel

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 11:47:23 Graham Binns wrote:
> On 9 November 2010 11:13, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I think we should revert back to a separate buildbot run for Windmill
> > tests. Do we really need to run them for every single landed branch?
>
> +1. I don't think that Windmill tests are helping out for anything
> other than changes which affect user interaction. As has been
> discussed in another thread, maybe we should consider them a barrier
> to deployment rather than landing.

Yep, I just caught up with that thread after sending this email.  (Yay for
email armageddon whem coming back from holidays)

I'd like to refine the suggestion to say that I'd like to see Windmill AND
pagetests running in an advisory mode only on a separate buildbot, and not as
a deployment blocker.

This would enable us to run Deryck's experiment while at the same time
continually assessing the damage from bitrot (and fixing quickly if we think
failures are genuine).

Thoughts?