Re: Fwd: Test results: testtools => devel: FAILURE

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:26:34 +0000, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Michael Hudson
> <michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:51:26 +0000, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Inquiring minds want to know.
> >
> > Yes, it was that a new version of testtools ended up comparing things
> > the other way around in assertEquals, and we had some broken tests that
> > compared storm expressions and dates (UTC_NOW == anything is true,
> > anything == UTC_NOW is not, at least for most values of anything).
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the fixes to the tests landed.
> >

> Really, I can't see it.

Apologies.  I tried, several times, to land my fix branch but windmill
failures bounced it each time.  I thought that I just decided to shove
it into PQM anyway, but clearly forgot.

> I landed a "fix" to the tests before I got your email, but all it did
> was change the order of the arguments to assertEqual, which makes the
> tests kind of pointless.

:(

> Now I'm trying to fix the assertions but am somewhat stumped.

I'll try to land my branch again!

> More broadly, what's the good of UTC_NOW if it has a broken equality
> implementation?

It's not really there to be used in tests, it's there to be used to say
things like:

 job_record.last_updated = UTC_NOW

Cheers,
mwh