Re: Landing lazr-js upgrade blocked by Windmill, A Proposal

Just a quick note (let's pretend I'm not writing this, since I'm on
parental leave :)

You don't necessarily need a combo loader, though it would be great if
you could get one in place. Please talk with Matthew Nuzum about his
plans for a CDN-like service for Canonical.

Checkout the 'prefetch' hack I added to lazr-js. That's what we are
using in Landscape to split the javascript from YUI and Landscape into
two separate files and load them in parallel. You could even split it
as yui-1.js + yui-2.js + launchpad.js or something to that effect.

A bit more information here:
http://blog.sidneidasilva.com/2010/10/01/even-faster-web-sites-with-yui/

-- Sidnei