Re: Landing lazr-js upgrade blocked by Windmill, A Proposal

Hi Deryck,

I think it's important that we find a way to unblock you here, this YUI
upgrade has been blocking you and your team for way too long.

The plan looks sane. Can we look into keeping windmill to run the API client
javascript tests? (canonical/launchpad/windill/jstests/launchpad_ajax.js).

That's arguably the most important piece of coverage provided through
Windmill. AFAIK, it doesn't load the web site, so file size shouldn't be an
issue there.

Also, I think it's important to realize that Windmill is basically a dead
horse. It's not really maintained upstream anymore since Mikeal left the
project and we are the only one using it on a regular basis within Canonical.
It's creating a lot of instability in our process, so let's try to find a way
to get rid of it ASAP. And I think, your plans points us in that direction.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx