Re: Move API help to dev wiki?

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:57:56AM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 23 November 2010 03:14, Matthew Revell <matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Perhaps making sure all the API help is under /API/, or perhaps a
> >> help.api.launchpad.net site dedicated to the API ?
> >
> > I'd prefer not to have another wiki, primarily because there'll be
> > some work in directing people to it and reminding people that it
> > exists. Also, it's easier for people to stumble across a page that's
> > in the wiki they're already using.
>
> Good point.  I don't think moving the API help around at all would be
> a very good use of time compared to other things that could be done to
> improve the API documentation.

I'm really glad to see that the suggestion to include examples in the
API docs has been taken up.  I think adding more examples would be a
very helpful way to invest time.

Indeed, just today one of the examples helped solve a minor lpapi issue
I ran into and saved me a chunk of troubleshooting time.