Re: Ubuntu developer feedback on Bazaar and Launchpad

On Tuesday 23 November 2010 02:28:23 Martin Pool wrote:
> On 22 November 2010 20:20, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > Most of the time they're either really impatient people or they've made a
> > mistake in the packaging that means we can't email a response.
>
> I think, if it's your first attempt at packaging, those five minutes
> (not that you know it's only five minutes) pass very slowly as you
> wonder what happened.  Anyone could look very impatient in those
> circumstances.
>
> Hopefully once we get everyone uploading over sftp we will know their
> email address and therefore will be able to mail them even if they got
> the package wrong, or indeed we could potentially complain on sftp's
> stderr with sufficiently advanced magic.  (I realize it may take a
> while...)

Yep, that's the plan.  We tried to do it with ftp and got something working
but it was kind of unreliable.

Sftp will make it easier but last time I checked there was some resistance
from the Ubuntu team to moving over to it for all uploads.  Admittedly,
they're far less likely to make packaging mistakes :)