Re: Postgres doesn't have an array_agg() function in ec2?

On 23 November 2010 22:57, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I made an 8.4 ec2 weeks ago. Image version 500 uses 8.4. I use it
> just fine. I take it others don't see it?
>
> /me goes to go look at ec2 dashboard...
>
> It's private. Facepalm. Sorry.
>
> Gavin, it looks like all I need to do is run
> ec2-modify-image-attribute $ami --launch-permission -a all . Have
> you already made a new image?

>:)

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get bin/ec2 update-image
to work.

Part of that was trying to understand EC2's cryptic error messages
when I tried to create launchpad-ec2test500.

I figured that out, but created an image on which PostgreSQL didn't
work (my LC_ALL doesn't exist on the default server image, and this
causes PostgreSQL's post-install to fail).

Actually, in all seriousness, I'm glad that we have a working image
with 8.4 on it. My work has not been in vain either because I have
made several improvements to the ec2test code.

Gavin.