The rate of API changes in stable?

Hi,

I came to know that Launchpad edge is going to be removed, so my question is
that how often will the stable install have it's API changed?

Actually right now Launchpad only has a python library, and I was working on
creating a CLI wrapper over it. I started long back in April, but has to
shelve the project due to some personal reasons. I am back now.

Bit of history
-------------------
Right now I have a project called wadlsharp which generated C# code from the
WADL file. This C# code is then compiled and distributed as launchpad-sharp
(I have got the permission from Mark Shuttleworth  to use the trademark).
Whenever the API gets updated the WADL changes which changes the code. This
introduces a problem that the update to the API results to new C# code and
new launchpad-sharp library. Updating this would surely be a pain. Leonard
suggested that using reflection and generating the final CLI assembly would
be good. The problem is that this workflow is tough. Actually very tough.
The WADL still has many limitations and some of the bugs are still lying
around assigned in Launchpad Foundation. So I decided to go with generating
manually, validating personally, compiling them and distributing. This can
introduce errors if not handled properly.

I just wanted to know what is the new release period for stable install of
launchpad?
Even if it is 2-3 weeks, how much are the chances of something breaking. I
don't think that important things like Bug, Person, Team should drastically
change to an extent of breaking. Atleast important methods like
*bug.newMessage* or *branch.createMergeProposal* -- I don't think the
parameters supplied should change Ditto for return values

--
Manish

Follow ups