Re: Launchpad Projects Merge Preview

Hi Curtis,

On December 13, 2010, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 12:16 -0500, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
>
> BUGTASKS
> Maybe
>     'launchpad-web' THEN 'lp-web
> could be
>     'launchpad-web' THEN 'lp-app
> because most of the bugs that were moved are issues in lp.app.
> 'lp-foundations' could be 'lp-services'. This is not necessarilly
> accurate, but could be true when launchpad/webapp is dismantled.
> The migration script would then be mapping projects top lib/lp/<module>

I see those tags as temporary. I don't think we should try to give them more
meaning than they have.

> OFFICIAL BUG TAGS
> They were not updated

Only the Launchpad project has official bug tags. I don't think we should make
these tags official since their only purpose is as a migration artefact.

> STRUCTURAL SUBSCRIPTIONS AND ANSWER CONTACT FOR
> They were not updated. Will there be an announcement tell users to
> update them to /launchpad?

Yes, we can mention that in the announcement.

> DELETE BUGTASKS
> This might be a chance to delete the unwanted series tasks. Looking at
> this example bug, I see another issues too when looking at the link.
>     https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/201792

Good point, I'll add a delete for all of those. (There is only 1 AFAICT)

> What is this: https://staging.launchpad.net/old-lp-bugs ? Why does the
> bugtask link to it? I am sure most users will get a 404

They would, that's because I didn't handle productseries linkage.

> UPDATE BUGTASKS
> Looking at
>     https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/201792
> The first bugtask says Launchpad Bugs, but links to /launchpad. This
> might be because of bugTask.bugtargetdisplayname which uses
> targetnamecache. I thought there was a bug about removing the
> cache...use the bugTask.target instead...but I do not see it anymore?

I modified the script to handle that.

Staging should be updated soon.

--
Francis J. Lacoste