Re: lp-propose can make your life (and your reviewer's) better

On Dec 15, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Aaron Bentley wrote:

>At today's reviewer meeting, I found out that not everyone knows about
>lp-propose and how it works with lpreview-body to make your life easier.
>
>lp-propose is a bzr command for creating merge proposals on launchpad.
>To use it, do "bzr lp-propose" in your branch.  It will pop up your
>editor to edit the description, and then open the web page in your browser.
>
>When you use it with Launchpad branches, it should pre-populate the
>description with our standard review template, including lint output.
>This is done by the lpreview-body plugin, a dependency of
>launchpad-developer-dependencies.
>
>It can automatically detect the target branch to use, and if you use
>pipelines, the prerequisite branch.
>
>It will automatically push your branch to Launchpad, so you don't have to.

Does this work with non-Launchpad branches, specifically Ubuntu source
branches?  I just tried it with a bug fix branch against
lp:ubuntu/natty/pycaml but got an error.

(cwd: ~/projects/ubuntu/pycaml/688862-ftbfs)
% bzr info
Repository tree (format: 2a)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml
  repository branch: .

Related branches:
  parent branch: /home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml/natty
% bzr info ../natty
Repository tree (format: 2a)
Location:
  shared repository: /home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml
  repository branch: /home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml/natty

Related branches:
  parent branch: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/ubuntu/pycaml/
% bzr lp-propose
bzr: ERROR: file:///home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml/688862-ftbfs/ is not registered on Launchpad
% bzr lp-propose lp:ubuntu/natty/pycaml
bzr: ERROR: file:///home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml/688862-ftbfs/ is not registered on Launchpad
% bzr lp-propose bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/ubuntu/pycaml/
bzr: ERROR: file:///home/barry/projects/ubuntu/pycaml/688862-ftbfs/ is not registered on Launchpad

Even after manually pushing my branch to Launchpad, I can't get it to work.

-Barry