Re: lp-propose can make your life (and your reviewer's) better

On 16 December 2010 13:56, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10-12-15 08:18 PM, Martin Pool wrote:
>> The biggest thing I hit in using lp-propose was that it failed if
>> there was already a proposal from the same branch
>
> Please file a bug.  It should only fail if the existing proposal is in a
> non-terminal state, like "work-in-progress" or "needs review".  And even
> then, we could support a --resubmit that worked like the web UI's resubmit.

If I hit it again, I will.

I think there are three cases, at least:

 - I have an active proposal and I want to resubmit it
 - ditto but I want to edit the message or comment
 - this branch has an inactive proposal and I want to make a new one.

> The behaviour you describe is a bug, but there are many others like it.
>  Launchpad assumes feature branches all over the place in its design
> (e.g. linking bugs to branches), and behaves badly when branches are reused.
>
> I used to re-use branches, (remember bzr.ab?) but with Launchpad, you're
> just fighting against the design when you do that.  So you may wish to
> reconsider that practice.

You may be right.

My case is actually a bit different which is that I do have stubby
feature branches, I just reuse their names.  ie I pull from trunk into
doc, then I do a doc fix.

--
Martin