YUI upgrades (and Python upgrades)

Hi Robert.  The people with more YUI 3 experience on my team have warned me that jumps from one "big" version of YUI to the next--say, 3.1 to 3.2--can be very disruptive.  They compared them to Python major dot releases.

1) Are you responsible for scheduling the YUI upgrades?  If not, and no one is officially, I suggest that we find someone to take that responsibility.

2) For whoever will be responsible, what will our upgrade policy be?  I'm interested in how it will be announced to the team and what kind of lead time we should expect.  Perhaps others will mention other things to consider.

As you know, I'm also interested in the Python upgrade story, and coordination for a smooth transition to the next LTS.  I expect the Python 2.7 migration is just another feature card that needs to have its scheduling negotiated with Jono?

Thank you,

Gary

Follow ups